Forum

Notifications
Clear all

bring flowering plant outdoors (?)

(@marc-pinsky)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

My very last seed (finally) was a female.  (Final tally = 4 duds, 10 males, 1 female). I have gotten it to grow OK in closet grow room and has now entered the flowering stage.  My problem is (will be) the cannabis odor.  It is going to piss my wife off to no end.  I hung 4 bags of activated charcoal in closet but not noticing much of an effect so far (about 1 wk) and the odor is trace/minimal at present.  However, when it starts getting odiferous, can I put the plant outside on my deck to let it finish flowering under natural sunlight? Or, will that affect the final stages of flowering?  Don't want to kill it after all the TLC I gave it.  (ps:  Blueberry Autoflower)

If answer is YES, that's great! If the answer is NO, then what "inexpensive" ways can I control the flowering cannabis odor?  Thanks.

top view
front view

Topic Tags
(@aj999)
Member Admin

The days should be sort enough soon to not interrupt the flowering of you plant Marc. Also, if you want to stop all smell (and if she is already smelly, she will get much worst) the best way I know is an in-room air scrubber. This is basically a small fan (for a small space) mounted on a carbon filter.

This effectively should pull all the air in the room through the filter in a fairly short amount of time (10-15 minutes). Google 'air scrubber for grow room' and you will see them.

Given the choice I would error on buying one that is too big, rather then too small. There will of course be some noise to contend with as well.

Remind me of your bad luck with the males on your next order and I will send extra freebies to make up for them.

ReplyQuote
(@aj999)
Member Admin

Oh too, she looks awesome  Marc!!

ReplyQuote
(@marc-pinsky)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks for the help.  Will give it a try.  Also, thanks for the offer of some extra freebees when I make my next purchase for next year's growing season.

ReplyQuote
(@aj999)
Member Admin

YW, thanks for ordering my seeds, sorry for the males, I of course want males, and have grown out 10 plants before....and yes, you guessed it not one male!

ReplyQuote
(@marc-pinsky)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

My thought is to install a carbon filter as you suggested.  Since it would be self contained in grow room closet for both intake and output, is it better to have the fan blow the odiferous air into the carbon filter (to come out fresh(er)) and then be recirculated OR attached so that odor is sucked though the filter and then out the fan (fresher) to be recirculated?  What's your experience?

Still not smelly/stinky yet so I have some time to figure it out OR simply put the plant outside when the time comes.

This post was modified 2 months ago by marc.pinsky

ReplyQuote
(@aj999)
Member Admin

I have always had the fan pull the air in, then out through the carbon filter. I guess one could do it the other way, then that fan would also move more air around your grow room. Either way it should effectively clean all odor from the air, till the carbon filter gets saturated anyways.

ReplyQuote
(@19deltafarms)
Active Member Customer

activated carbon can be carefully removed from most carbon filters aswell with a little work and "recharged" or cleaned and reused 2-3 times by low temperature boiling of it for 2-3 hours in DISTILLED water emphasis on the distilled water then put on a baking sheet or something and let it dry in the sun for some extra life out of your carbon its not the cheapest stuff lol these vids can tell more!!

https://youtu.be/FtWIAPP5LlU

https://youtu.be/MM0yy7VsZ8Y

https://youtu.be/Dsxwv01HWYY

https://youtu.be/pRwP-6CKFT8

ReplyQuote
(@aj999)
Member Admin

Thanks for sharing this! And yes, I have recharged a carbon filter or two. They used to be so cheap that I usually just bought a new one when it's effectiveness started to diminish. I haven't had to worry about smell for quite some time now, so haven't used one for a few years.

ReplyQuote
Share: