Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Do I have yet another male?

(@marc-pinsky)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Did I spend all my time and effort growing out yet another male?  See pics.  (Afghani Auto).  Hopefully pics can be enlarged to see the pre-flowers.

DSCN0842
DSCN0843
DSCN0844

If so, this will be try #14 and my seeds (even all my freebees) are almost gone.  Can I continue to try indoor grows during the autumn and winter?

(@aj999)
Member Admin

Yes, looks to be a male, and a beautiful healthy male at that! I wish I had him lol! I don't know how many you can grow at once where you live but I would always grow 5 or 6 out so you should be assured females. I have grown out 10 plants before and had nearly all males, and I have done it and not even one male.

If you have grown out 14 plants and not gotten a female that would be unusual.

ReplyQuote
(@marc-pinsky)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Jerry, 

If I dug him up and wrapped soil/roots/leaves up in wet paper towels, would you like me to mail him to you?  or does your experience dictate that it wouldn't make it?  Otherwise, I'll probably dig him out and plant him out side somewhere -- if he lives good for him, if not, at least I didn't have to intentionally kill him.  (It took 2 months to get him to this veg stage -- from one of your afghani auto seeds).

ReplyQuote
(@marc-pinsky)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

P.S.:  out of my 14 tries, this was the only one I was able to get to this healthy looking stage.  It was an indoor grow.  ALL that I put in planters on my deck eventually turned yellow, shriveled up and died (including 4 that went MIA over course of a weekend).  yes, I did try to give them some MILD nuts with my biweekly watering.   2 did grow to good veg stage (thinner leaves from unknowns you sent me as freebees -- probably sativa strains) but had textbook male pollen sacs by the time I noticed them.  Dug them up and through them into tree area in back of my house.   Never saw them again.

ReplyQuote
(@aj999)
Member Admin

No, don't try to send him, as that likely wouldn't work out. Sorry you got males, seems if one is wanting sincimillia there are lots of males, but when growing seeds males are hard to come by.

Because of the possibility of males I would always grow out several plants at one time ( staying within the legal limit) to be assured a female.

ReplyQuote
Share: