16 Ounce Dixie Cup Cannabis Grow Contest
Update...3/15/23...Ok, this grow challenge is on! Plant your seeds, and get them growing in your dixie cups. I would plant all your seeds in their own cups (remember these are regular seeds...so MALES!) then choose your best plant to enter in the contest. Lets see what ya got!!
Update...3/13/23...Just wanted to quickly share this...I think the way to go about this would be to plant all the contest seeds in their own dixie cup, and grow them up till they show sex, about the third node or so. Then pick your favorite and that will become your contest plant. Generally I imagine everyone would pick a female, but I can also judge the merits of a great looking male, if anyone wants to go there. This contest will go on till everyone's plants have matured, and gotten as big as it will get. Too, if you see the need for another rule, or if anything is unclear, or you have any concerns about this contest...share them with me in an email.
Update...3/12/23...Ok, we are getting close! I am looking forward to this....it will be fun! I want everyone to freely share your experiences during this contest with everyone else here in this forum post. Feel free to answer someone, or post any questions or concerns you may have, question the rules if you see the need. Lets all be involved, lets all get to know one another. Lets all have fun with it! This post is the home of this contest.
And, now for some rules...
1. This grow will be in a 16 ounce cup, don't really care what kind of cup, but just make sure it is 16 ounces.
2. The seeds I am sending are regular seeds, not feminized, so I would just plant them all in their own dixie cups, then pick the biggest, baddest female you get. Conversely, if someone wanted to grow out a male, they can be impressive in their own right! And, for what it is worth, males can handle diversity well sometimes. I am not opposed to judging a male plant as well. The winner will be the biggest plant basically, both in height, and circumference.
3. The plants roots need to be contained in the 16 ounce cup throughout the grow...no hydro grows with a huge mass of roots coming out of the bottom of your dixie cup!
4. I will wait till everyone's plants are done, but everyone needs to start them around...3/15/23. The Sour 60 strain takes about 60-90 days to completely finish sometimes. (the flower time of many strains is exaggerated in the hope of selling more seeds) Everyone when they get to the point that their plant is as big, and impressive as it is going to get needs to share an image on this forum post, so their plant can be judged. I want everyone to vote, I will always have the final say.
5. You can grow under the sun (I plan to) or in an indoor grow room (might be smart) to get the biggest most impressive plant possible.
6. You can use any fertilizer you wish, you can use any medium you wish.
7. If you have questions, or any concerns what so ever...do not hesitate to ask them here, or in an email to me. If you think of something I have left out, get back to me before the contest kicks off on the 15th.
8. I almost forgot...There will be one winner, and one runner up. The winner will get one Mature Cannabis Seed Pack and the runner up will receive and order of Sour 60 Auto Fems, and a free seed order. I would ask for you to place a small order to get your prize seeds, but will ship them to you for free if need be.
9. Good Luck, Lets have some fun with this!
Update...2/27/23...Lets plan on beginning this challenge on 3/15/23, then spring should be coming everywhere. I forgot to add, I have around 30 contestants now, and I would like you all to put in a order, even if only a $20.00 free seed order so I can send your seeds for the contest without breaking the bank! (business is slow in the winter) I love doing these contest, but not the cost of sending out all the free seeds. When you put in an order be sure to leave a note that you are signed up for this contest, and I will include the Sour 60 auto regular seeds we will all be using. Thanks!
I also have decided to get this party started on 3/15/23, so get your seeds before that date so we can all grow some monster Sour 60's!
Update...2/22/23...Awesome!! Lots of interest, this is going to be a blast! I too will be growing a plant for this challenge, and am really looking forward to hearing from you all as this contest gets going. I want pictures, and discussion on everyone's grow. I want you all to stay in touch throughout. Figured I would wait till it is basically spring most everywhere, since some folks do not have the luxury of an indoor grow room.
Welcome to my new Dixie cup grow contest. I will be adding the rules, and all pertinent info soon. Right now I just want to get those of you who are interested to sign up here in a comment. This thread will be the home of this contest and everything said about it.
So just leave a comment giving me your name if you would like to participate.
The plant we will all be growing (I'm going to enter as well, should be fun!)...I have decided that we will all be growing the same strain as that is what seems the most fair. And, the strain I have chosen is Sour 60 Auto. I will be sending out these seeds free to everyone, although I want you to put in an order (even just a $20.00 free seed order) to offset the cost of shipping all those seeds.. And these will not be feminized so I would suggest growing all the seeds I send in their own Dixie cup, and when they show sex, simply pick the best female for the plant you will enter into the contest with.
Be sure to sign up for notifications so you will be aware of all that is said. This contest will go on till our plants are done. We will all share pictures of our plants here in this thread. The winner will be the biggest, best looking plant that is grown....and be voted on by all of the other contestants. I will have the final say on who wins.
I am going to put a heads up on my home page, and send an email to my list to hopefully generate some interest. The way you guys love my contests that should be easy...
Hey man sign me up.... Jerry this is right up my alley and I would love to participate in this contest.,..and I think it would be a lot of fun.
Pretty please choose me, Aaron Wood, an eager, attentive and passionate team player, to participate in this amazing event! I am a 39 year old female from CNY and marijuana enthusiast looking to get back into growing, potentially becoming a small business owner in the industry.
@aaron-wood No worries, everyone who comes and makes a comment asking to be involved will be. It will be fun, I will be putting together the rules and such in a week or so.
Can't wait till it starts.. do you have Any details on when the contest starts , or when to be ready... Sorry Jerry if you have it posted I just haven't seen it.... any way hope all is well with you my friend.....
Sorry Jerry I did see what you posted about a week or so.., I should have looked before I asked you...
I'm down, legal medical grow in Spokane
Hi Jerry.... Gene Ashe here... I would love to try growing in a dixie cup. Something to keep my attention until spring and I can plant outdoors. So sign me up.... thanks Jerry
@doyle-landers I will set everything up in a week or so, and thought I would wait till spring is springing most everywhere to actually start the grow.
@gene-ashe Consider it done Gene, I will update this page with rules and details in the next week or so, and begin the grow in a few weeks. Kinda wait till the outdoor season is starting as some folks don't do the indoor growing.
I would love to participate. Looking forward to it.
635 seeds in the Dixie cup
@tommy-lackey This is going to be a Dixie cup grow challenge Tommy. Would you like to try your luck at growing the biggest, best plant in only a 16 ounce Dixie cup? The contest will start in a few weeks when I get it all set up. I am just gaging interest at this point.